Buildings need to be designed to offer an acceptable level of fire safety and minimize the risks from heat and smoke. The primary objective is to reduce to within acceptable limits the potential for death or injury to the occupants of a building and others who may become involved, such as the fire and rescue service, as well as to protect contents and ensure that as much as possible of a building can continue to function after a fire and that it can be repaired. The risk to adjoining properties also needs to be considered, as well as possible environmental pollution.
The internal finishes may offer a fuel source and need to be carefully specified, and the materials of the building’s contents also provide varying firerisks, such as textiles, furniture, plastics, and so on.
Fire properties are also influenced by the materials used for the buildings in electrical and other services also and hence the design also calls for selection of fire retardant material.
Therefore, while designing the fire and safety we give special emphasis to situation-specific strategies helping our customers to manage risks within budgetary constraints and limiting impact on the environment.
The main design possibilities for fire safety are:
- Prevention: Controlling ignition and fuel sources so that fires do not start.
- Communications: If ignition occurs, ensuring occupants are informed and any active fire systems are triggered.
- Escape: Ensuring that occupants of buildings and surrounding areas are able to move to places of safety.
- Containment: Fire should be contained to the smallest possible area, limiting the amount of property likely to be damaged and the threat to life safety.
- Extinguishment: Ensuring that fire can be extinguished quickly and with minimum consequential damage.
Our scope of Fire and safety engineering covers:
- Strategic fire engineering
- Fire systems design
- Fire risk assessment & business continuity consultancy
- Structural fire engineering
- Computer modelling – including CFD
- Fire tests
- Detection System (Addressable, Semi addressable, conventional and VESDA)
- Water based Suppression System (Wet riser system (internal and external), Down comer system, Deluge system, Sprinkler system. (Wet and Dry), Water Mist System , Fire extinguishing system, Fire compartmentalization system, Fire pump house design, Pressurization system design, evacuation modeling/ fire safety plans.)
- Gas based Suppression systems (Novac 1230, FM200, Inergen )
- Public Address system (IP based, conventional)
- Measures for protection system, Fire sealant.
We can carry out the necessary analysis and prepare a variety of safety documentation for a range of industries.